Chicken and Broccoli Bake
• ½ leftover roast chicken / 2 chicken fillets
• 120g wholewheat pasta shapes
• ½ onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 150g button mushrooms
• 1 small head of broccoli
• 1 295g tin low fat cream of chicken & mushroom soup
• Slim line milk
• 1 chicken stock cube / 1 tbsp liquid stock concentrate
• 40g extra light Philadelphia
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 80g low fat cheddar cheese
• 1 slice calorie control bread/ 1 slice wholemeal brown bread
• Handful flat leaf parsley
• Salt and pepper
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. If not using leftover roast chicken – poach 2 chicken fillets.
3. Peel and dice the onion and garlic. Wipe and slice the mushrooms. Cut the broccoli into small florets. Grate the cheddar cheese. Open the tin of chicken soup. Blitz or grate the slice of bread into breadcrumbs.
4. Plunge the pasta into the water and cook according to the packet instructions. Add the broccoli for the last 10 mins.
5. Heat up a non stick pan and fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 5 mins. Deglaze the pan with a little water. Stir in the tin of chicken soup – refill it with slimline milk and add this to the pan.
6. Stir in the mustard and the chicken stock allow to simmer.
7. Drain the pasta and broccoli, stir into the creamy sauce. Stir in half the grated cheese. Season.
8. Transfer into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and grated cheese and bake for 20min