This is a beautifully light and delicate salad which can be enjoyed all year round. Miso paste can be bought in all super markets and the great thing here is the chicken doesn’t need to marinate over night - just rub over the chicken pieces while you prepare the other ingredients.
Fresh mango will add a little extra vibrancy to the dish however it can be difficult to get them ripe when you need them.
I use good quality jarred roast red peppers – Lidl do a great option.
200g chicken breast (6 mini fillets)
1 sachet miso paste
100g mixed salad leaves
4 tinned mango segments
1 roast red pepper
½ red onion
8 baby sun-blushed tomatoes
Handful of cashew nuts (about 20)
20ml ‘Mor Foods’ Mango Dressing ( fab Irish brand)
1. Prepare everything first. Marinate the chicken pieces in the miso paste.
2. Thinly slice the avocado, mango, red onion and roast red pepper.
3. Turn on the grill to high and grill the chicken for about 6 mins each side.
4. Place the salad leaves in the bowl. Toss through the avocado, red onion, mango and red pepper. Dress the leaves and toss again. Sit the chicken on top of the leaves and sprinkle the cashew nuts on top.
5. Enjoy with some crusty bread and a glass of pouilly fume.