Soup is great - we all know it so lets just embrace it.
This is my totally quick, simple, delicious, knock up late on Sunday night - enjoy on Monday lunch soup.
Coniferous brocolli has amazing health benefits in relation to blood pressure, a healthy nervous system, bone health, a healthy digestive system and is packed with Vitamin C & Calcium.
For a richer, creamier soup add a touch of light cream, extra light philadelphia or soya cream. (dairy allergy, vegan)Any stock can be used - dried cubes, gel stock pots, fresh homemade, liquid concentrate or marigold swiss vegan vegetable stock.
1 head brocolli
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 very small potato
500/700ml stock (depending how thick or thin you like your soup)
Freshly ground black pepper
small drizzle of light cream
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
20g hard fresh artisan goats cheese
- Prepare all ingredients. Wash the brocolli - remove the stalk and chop into florets. A little stalk is fine. Wash, peel and dice the potato into small cubes. Peel and dice the onion and garlic.
- On a high heat warm the rapeseed oil and saute the onion, garlic and potato for about 3/4 minutes.
- Add in the brocolli - pour over the stock and simmer for 20mins. While its simmering grate the cheese and nutmeg.
- When the vegetables are tender blitz in the food processor - add a touch of seasoning, a little cream.
- Serve in warm bowls with a sprinkle of cheese and pinch of nutmeg.
- Enjoy with some warm taosted rye bread. Delish.
P.S Please don't underestimate the importance of the nutmeg in this dish - it really does elevate this to a much more interesting soup.
P.P.S Goat or sheep feta would also be great crumbled on top of this soup.