Serves 4 (light starter)
Smoked Salmon & Prawn Pate
150g smoked salmon
6 large king prawns
100g extra light cream cheese
2 tbsp fresh chives
Salt & pepper
Wholemeal Herby Flatbreads
110g plain flour
75g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped chives and parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
100ml cold water
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Weigh out all the ingredients for the flat breads.Spritz the oven trays with spray oil.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil, egg and water. Using a fork or hand stir all the ingredients together.
- Turn the dough on to a floured surface and knead for 1 min.
- Cover in cling film and chill for 20 mins.
- While the dough is chilling begin the pate.
- Turn on the grill to a medium heat and grill the salmon and the prawns. After about 4 mins under the grill, transfer to a food processor.
- Add in the cream cheese, seasoning and herbs.
- Blitz all the ingredients until they form a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a dish, cover with cling film and refridgerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Cut in half, sprinkle the board with flour. Roll out into a large squre. This dough then needs to be folded over once and once again. Then roll out until the single sheet is very thin (2mm thick). Cut into rectangles - if doing canapes small squares are best but if preparing as a lunch then cut to the size of an average crispbread (ryvita).
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 12 - 15 mins. Spritz with a little spray oil or brush with a tiny amount of oilve oil. It is possible to sprinkle the flat breads with seeds or sea salt. When cooked, cool on a wire tray.
- To serve spread the smoked salmon and prawn pate on the wholewheat crispbreads and garnish with some chives, grilled prawns and a fresh salad.