In these days of frugality to quote a good friend of mine 'where everyone is watching their pennies' tasty lunch options are essential. Gone be good with the days of a fancy deli lunch or an over priced panini. However boredom sets in pretty quick when its Wednesday and the most exciting thing you've had is ryvita and apples. Here's where Skinny Love comes in. Over the course of the next couple of weeks I want to introduce you to a bunch of uber tasty low fat, high fibre sambo options.
The first is the faithful old tin of tuna - bye bye stodgy, fatty, calorie ladened tuna, sweetcorn mayo - HELLO Mediterranean Tuna Salad on Rye. This lunch is low in saturated fat, low in calories, high in fibre and packed with brilliant lean protein.
70g tin tuna in brine
1 slice wholemeal/rye bread
2 tbsp extra light mayo
1/4 red onion finely diced
1/4 red pepper finely diced
1 hard boiled egg white + 1/4 yolk
4 olives ( stuffed with anchovy paste - AMAZING)
2 sun blushed cherry tomatoes
Pinch salt and pepper
- Hard boil an egg.
- Prepare the tuna mix - Drain the tuna.
- Dice the onion and pepper. Slice the olives into rings.
- Peel and separate the egg white by cutting around the egg vertically and splitting it open. Mash the egg white and crumble in the tiny piece of yolk. Discard the remaining egg yolk.
- Combine all these ingredients with the mayo. Season.
- Feel free to toast the bread, spread the tuna mix over the bread and top with sun blushed tomatoes and olives.
- Serve with mixed leaves and enjoy.