This is a simple easy and deliciously tasty weekend breakfast treat that won't leave you feeling sluggish for the day. It's crazy easy to whip together and can even be made the night before & refrigerated. So it's ready to fry up in the morning, or afternoon if your having that cheeky lazy lie in we all crave! The pancakes here are made with whole wheat flour which will not leave you with that bloated feeling refined white flour can very often do. The lemon and vanilla add a natural sweetness which makes these pancakes so hard to resist!
Whole wheat flours are more nutritious because they contain most of the vitamins lost when making white flour. They are also higher in fiber which we know to be great for digestion. The germ contains some fat and most of the vitamins, while the bran layer is mostly fiber. Because of the higher fat content, whole wheat flour doesn’t keep as well or long as white flour.
The recipe below makes 5-6 thin crepe like pancakes
150g Whole Wheat Flour
1 full Egg plus 1 Egg white
200ml Slimline Milk
2 to 3 tbsp Water if needed
Zest of Half a Lemon
Half Punnet of Fresh Blueberries
Half Tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
1. Place the eggs, flour, milk, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Grate the lemon zest in and add the vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon.
3. If the mixture is too thick add in a little water to thin.
4. The batter works best after resting in the fridge, best left overnight but an hour will do or even straight away if you cant wait!
5. Fry the pancakes over a medium heat as thin or thick as you like.
6. Serve with fresh blueberries, a cheeky drizzle of Maple Syrup and Enjoy!!