P.S. I am so sorry there is no visual here - my camera and I are having a bit of a row at the moment and my camera is refusing to upload the photo. I promise i will have it sorted ASAP.
120g baby spinach leaves
1/2 red onion
1/2 ripe avocado
40g reduced fat cheddar cheese
2 low fat rashers
60g (dried) wholemeal organic pasta (any shape)
12 sun blushed tomatoes
2 dsp skinny basil pesto (see previous recipes)
2 dsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil a small pot of water. Cook the pasta for 15 - 20mins until tender or al dente.
- Wash & dry spinach leaves. Thinly slice the onion. Peel and cut the avocado into large chunks.
- Grate the cheese. Grill the rashers and thinly slice.
- Drain the pasta, and allow to cool. (to speed up the process - pop it in the fridge)
- When cool stir in the pesto and olive oil.
- Now, to assemble. Toss the spinach leaves and pesto pasta together.
- Place in serving bowls and top with onion, avocado, bacon and cheddar cheese.