This dish is so easy to make after a long day at work, and can be easily adapted, depending on whats in your fridge.Its seriously quick and can feed up to 4 people when served with roasted sweet potatoes and side salad, or whatever you fancy. To keep the calories down and the fibre content up, thus keeping you full for the evening, wholemeal tortillas are ideal and don't alter the flavour at all.The beauty of this dish is that it can be eaten hot as a part of dinner, cold as a snack the next day in work or glammed up served in slices as a starter. This dish is bursting with flavours, and will be one to try!
Italian inspired Quesidallas
2 Wholemeal flour Tortillas
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Tbsp Passata
1 Tbsp Greeen / Red Pesto
30g Grated Low fat Cheddar
30g Mozzarella Light
3-5 Thinly sliced Chorizo pieces
Handful of fresh Rocket and Basil leaves
1. Mix together the tomato puree, passata and pesto.
2. Warm the tortillas in a moderate preheated oven for 3-4 minutes.
3. Once the tortillas have been warmed up simply spread the tomato and pesto mixture on both. Sprinkle a little cheese and chorizo over one of the tortillas. At this point you can add any other ingredients you choose, such as peppers, olives, sliced mushrooms etc. Sandwich the two tortillas together forming the quesadilla, you can leave the toppings to the top to crisp up or between the two tortillas.
4. Traditionally this is then fried, however to keep things light and low in cholesterol it works perfectly in the oven. So simply place the quesadilla in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through and crisp up nicely.
5. Once out of the oven decorate the top with fresh rocket, basil leaves and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar, a drop of olive oil and enjoy!